Saturday, November 17, 2007

West Virginia Invasion

So, to all of those wondering...they are here. Mom's first trip out of the country, and it is to the middle east. They got here safe...so all of you wondering, relax. (Although I think Mom is still looking for the Eiffel Tower) When they met me just out side of the airport Mom stated it was "Just like beach weather". Since I have the smallest car on the face of the Earth, I got Chaker to go with me to the airport because I knew the family would bring lots of luggage. They actually were pretty subdued with it. Anyway, Chaker loaded up all of the luggage...and the family rode with me. We took a slightly strange route home and they got to see Doha traffic up close.
Adults in the front seat are required to wear seatbelts. However there are no car seat laws...at a stoplight, we looked over and there was a kid standing on the center console with a metal knife and fork in his hand. Mom was amazed...welcome to Doha.

Like any Weyen function, last night turned into a drunk fest. Carrie and I stayed up till about 3:00am, Mom and Dad made it till about 1:30 - 2:00ish. Lots of Jack Daniels, John Smith, and Killkenny. I went really traditional with them last night...we had Pizza Hut for dinner. (Don't worry, it was planned that way)

Well I am up and they are still in bed. I am going to read the paper and watch some tv. Talk to you soon.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Aiken4Motown said...

Take a Jello shot for me!