Saturday, February 2, 2008

See? I have been working...

You want cultural understanding? You want to be challenged? Try teaching four 2-Day leadership classes to the emergency nurse leaders at this organization. The EMS/Nurse relationship has always been slightly volatile, but add in cultural issues, 10 nationalities, bad pay, poor working conditions...and you get one heck of an experience. Needless to say I was challenged and I had a blast doing it. Enjoy some of my class photos... Jordanian, Palestinian, UK, South African, Filipino, Indian, Qatari, Iranian, Egyptian, and Tunisian...wow...plus I am sure I am missing a few.

Class One - HGH
Class Two -HGH
Class 3 - Al -Khor
Are you getting the idea of why we are so easily spotted in the ER? I mean, as you can see, if I walked into the ER and these guys were working...I could scan the whole room in just a quick turn.
Class Four - Al Khor
Did you ever think a small town hillbilly would be teaching an Arab woman in a veil leadership? Me either....wow. She (Kneeling, center) was acutally the smarest in the class and got the best score on both the pre and post tests.

No comments: