Saturday, September 8, 2007

Whew...

I was a little worried that first half of play, but I never lost faith in the boys. They need to jump out and stay on top of a team like Huntington High. Oh well, we got through it...how about Devine?

Anyway, I am out of the Ritz. I moved out officially on Friday the 7th. It was kinda sad. I have spent more time there than I did in Italy, at HCOP, almost anywhere except Morgantown. However, I do have a funny story to end my tenure at the Ritz. My second to last night I had just turned off my computer and was heading to bed. My Doorbell rang, which is odd, because if I am in the room, my Privacy sign is always out. (The service at the Ritz is a little too good, you never get to take a nap or anything without being bothered.) Anyway, I headed to the door and opened it up. There was a beautiful Filipino girl dressed pretty tellingly standing at my door. She said, "Mr. Jones?"... I of course was not prepared for such a visitor and before I think of something like "Well, have I already paid?" or "Maybe, I forgot the price, tell me again?" I said No. She got really red faced and said sorry and was down the hall before I got "No" out of my mouth. It was hilarious. Who calls someone for a "Girl Friend Experience" and then does not make sure they know the room? Oh well...

So, on checking out, I get copies of the bills to turn in, plus the amounts I have to pay. These figures are in US dollars. ( I converted for you, thank me later.) My bill was $109.77. That is pretty good staying at the Ritz for 3 months. It also highlights my cheapness. I always ate the free food, rarely put anything on my room, and tried to save as much money as possible. Now, on the other hand, Pittsburgh's bill came to $20,271.07 Keep in mind they get a discount. Just that figure alone tells me that I am very lucky to be here. Very few companies in the US would pay just for room and board for 2 months that much money. Plus, I can now say I lived in the Ritz for 2 months...who else can say that? Thanks Pittsburgh!

Anyway, since I am out I am sharing my neighbor's internet (he doesn't know)...but it is a very weak signal. My internet is supposed to be here on Tuesday, so then I can get back to normal operations. I tried using my V-phone tonight, but the signal is so weak it is not letting me make a call. So, email me for the next few days and I will get back to you when I can.

I will talk to you soon. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael,

Know how you felt about the game Saturday. I had to work but got to watch the first half. How is that for LUCK? What I did notice was the look on Coach Rod's face. You nmay not believe this but he did not seam to be bothered about anything that went on. No hollerin, no screemin and not chang of expresion on his face. He, it seamed, was not worried! So neither was I. Hope you are having a great expierence. Get out and see the real people if you get the chance. Get to knopw the culture. You won't regret it. Just ask you Dad. Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

GO EEEAAARRRRSSSSSS

Ray