Monday, April 21, 2008

Jordan 2

For those of you that do not know where I was at, Jordan borders Iraq on it's west side. I thought this sign would help you guys figure out where I was at.

Mt. Nebo (no, not the one near Summersville) is where Moses ended up. He is buried on this mountain, as the story goes. Anyway, God let Moses get here and see the Holy Land, this was as far as he got. He did not actually get there.


A view coming down from the Monastery at Petra. How amazing are the views? Don't worry, I was safe. This is a bit of camera trickery.


Guys they still have shepards here. These guys are everywhere. All day long out in the field they are tending to the flock. Really amazing. I am still trying to figure out what these guys graze on.


Amman, also known as the "white city" due to many of it's buildings being white. This is due to the limestone that many are made of, which is readily available near the city.



No comments: