Sunday, April 13, 2008

So, A real post this time....

So, regardless of what you may believe or what think, I am actually working over here. Even though I will put pictures of me not working in the same post. Oh well...enjoy!


As many of you know, there is always issues between EMS and the ED. Well, in Qatar, the EMS guys and the Head Nurses did not even know each other. So we facilitated a meeting between my EMS guys and Carol and Connie's nurses. The first meeting went great. They initiallly wanted to have the meeting once a month, but near the end of the meeting there were so many issues on the table that they decided to have it every fortnight. Starting in the front and going clockwise it is Alice- Head Nurse; Abdul Nasser-Southern Operations; Chaker - Northern Operations; Enaam - Head Nurse; Mansour - Transport Division; Connie - Pittsburgh Nurse; Carol - Pittsburgh Nurse; Yours Truly; Julien - Lifeflight; Omar - Doha Operations; Naomi - Head Nurse; (Not Pictured - Maurita, Head Nurse)


The instructors at EMS wanted my leadership course for themselves, so we scheduled it last week. Plus, some of my guys did not attend it the last time I offered it. So, we had a great class and I am getting really confortable teaching this stuff now. It is almost seemless. Front row(l to r) Houcine, Desmond, Julien, Joel. Back row: Hatem, Carol, Nader, Kamal, Mohamed, Ray, Alan, Sunjay, Jason, Sonya, Myself, and Ali.


Not that all that I do is work. Since I have only a few months left I have been trying to get some social stuff going on. I talked a few people into going to happy hour at Garvey's which is a UK style pub. It was a blast. Those brits can drink. (l to r) Marc - EMS Medical Director, Paul - CEO of Rumailiah Hospital, Rich - Pittsburgh ER Doc, Carol, Myself, Mike - Director of Pharmacy. Mike and Paul are brits and hanging out with them is an absolute blast. They start drinking and they slur their words and I cannot understand what they are saying. Too funny.


We talked Connie and John into cooking again. John can cook amazingly. Hard to believe a Scotsman can cook such a variety so well. We had traditional chinese fare complete with chopsticks. No utensils were provided. You had to finish one course before he brought out the other. You have no idea how good that food was. (l to r) John (the cook- Connie's Husband), Marlene, Skosh, Connie, John, Mary, Dave, Carol and me. The dog is Robbie...

There should be more soon. I am going to Jordan this weekend and Eastern Europe the first of May. Should be good times. Talk to you soon....

No comments: