Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thursday, July 12

Work was not that exciting today. Constantly trying to understand the flow of everything and everyone's roles and responsibilities. While I was at work the Assistant director came and got me and said they might have a bad accident if I wanted to go. I hopped in the response vehicle and we were off to the northern road out of town. Speed limits are about interstate speeds. The wreck had 2 DOS, and 7 other patients, 2 with some good potential injuries. There were 9 people in basically a foreign version of a subaru outback. (It had a 3rd row of seats.) They lost control and rolled it over. First of all, the interstate type roads in this country are interesting. They are divided by a very convincing guardrail that probrably keeps people from hitting head on, however the crossovers are about 5 miles apart. We actually go to an exit before we got to a crossover so we could access the wreck. If the Qatar police would let me take pictures (one Medic almost got deported for that) I would have some interesting photos. The trauma to the one guy's face who was DOS was impressive. Anyway, I was impressed with their response. The supervisor did a good job of scene management, and did not get involved in Patient care. They had 6 ambulances there within a few minutes and the scene was clear of patients in about 20 minutes. Very impressive. I am sure that some of the care might needed to be looked at, but getting to definitive care that quickly was impressive.

After work, which was held over for me due to a conference call back to the states with our medical director, we headed to the Sheraton. We went because we heard they might have a band later. Well, they did, it was 4 unimpressive looking Philipine chicks covering a variety of songs, horribly. We got there hours before the music started because we wanted a change of pace. It was Dr. K, Dr. J and his wife, Dr. B, Dr. S, and Dr. C, Nurse Prac B and Me. Looking around after the music started, there was probably 96% asian expats hanging out at this place. And they were drooling over these not too impressive girls. Anyway, our gang had a good time and we drink many beers. My new boss even got me on the dance floor, the irony in this whole event was that when she pulled me onto the floor me and her husband were discussing about how we are not big dancers. He laughed as I was being pulled away. I will keep trying to get this updated over the weekend. Later!

No comments: