Friday, August 3, 2007

2 more things...

So I am cranking these out today...I forgot to add a couple more things.

1. I am thinking about taking some tennis lessons this weekend at the Ritz. Its not too expensive, it would be a good learning experience, it would take the place of my workout for that day, and maybe one day I can beat Reshae and/or Cam at tennis. I doubt that very seriously, however.

2. Also, I know I haven't really told anyone, but I am seriously considering going back to school after this whole thing is over. I am very interested in getting my PhD. Since Donnie and Jarod are Doctors now, I guess I need to complete the trifecta and keep the 'second generation' gang going. Actually, I have been thinking about this for a long time and after living abroad...I am thinking about making it a reality. Dr. S from Pittsburgh is trying to get me to come do my PhD in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences with emphasis in Emergency Medical Services. I am so interested in Management theory and it practices and procedures, that I think I might go that way. There has been very little study on Emergency Medical Services Organizational Behavior. Now with that idea let me tell you what I am thinking. I am seriously considering shooting for the top if I do this. I might apply to Harvard, Kellogg School of Management, Cornell, maybe Oxford, and one of my favorites the University of Vienna in Austria (most of the classes are taught in English, and I can do my Dissertation in English). I know that telling this to Mom and Dad might give them chest pains, but who wouldn't want to come visit me in Europe? So this is in no way set in stone and I have a year before me before I can plan my future, but its an idea that is gaining a lot of speed with me. Just wanted to put that out there...

I am going to chill and finish my book now...You all should read it.."Ghost Soldiers" It is about one of the greatest rescues in WWII history. A group of rangers needed to liberate a POW camp with leftovers from the Bataan Death March before the advancing US troops got there. This was because the Japanese plan was to kill all the POWs before retreating...Great book....

No comments: