Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ok...

So I know I already put it on here and something happened to it. I was working the field the other day, and it turned out to be a bad day in Qatar. A court case did not turn out how the families wanted it, so a couple people ended up stabbed (thobes with blood are really interesting). Then across town, another family member ended up shot. I was on both calls and it was wild. The guys need a little help in the back of the ambulance, but in defense of them, they don't see this kind of stuff much.

Anyway, while we were on the stabbing, Mansour (the guy I am working with) and I grabbed the elevator and were heading down with all of the equipment. As the doors were shutting, I heard a loud pop and saw the doors were not all the way closed and actually they were off their track. Now, we were in a elevator that 6 people would barely fit in, so it was tight. It was hot as hell (you know, the middle east) and their civil defense (fire department) is not as highly skilled nor motivated as some volunteer departments in Mon County. Anyway, we figured out after about 10 minutes, that if we held the doors together AND held the button we would move. So we got to the basement and I forced the doors open. I barely fit out of the doors. The guy I was with was like.."this isn't our floor" I was like..."Yeah, and I am going to take the stairs." So he reluctantly handed the equipment out to me and we headed to the steps. We were only in the basement and had to go up 1 floor.

So, I have been busy as hell. I have missed the gym about 2 of the last 6 nights and it really sucks. However, I am getting things situated in my house. I got a 32" flatscreen along with surround sound hooked up today. So now I can play music while I am getting things working. I put together my Vacuum, Iron and Ironing board, a new phone for the house, plus started unpacking all of my kitchenwares and such before my driver came to get me. I hope to do a little bit each day so I can move in as soon as my internet is available.

I hate to be very short, but I have a bunch of crap to type for work....so I don't feel like typing all evening. Don't worry, you are not missing anything exciting. Anyway, Talk to you soon!

No comments: