Thursday, August 23, 2007

Proof of Work

So, there has been so much about me and my downtime...I thought I should put something on here that actually shows I am working. This is a group of EMTs, Paramedic I's, Paramedic II's, and supervisors. We were discussing the staff satisfaction survey. Wow...you thought MHS had problems. I found out today that HMC also got the Hay group (same group as MHS) to 'look over' their salary structure. They implemented their recommendations, which included taking away about 8 months of overtime from these guy's salaries. To put it in layman's terms...They promoted some of these guys, and they kept doing the job. However, when they finally got their raise 8-10 months later...payroll said that they were no longer entitled to the overtime they had worked since their promotion. So, payroll has been deducting the equivalent of $50-$200 US a pay from these guys to take the money back. So, just like home...one department screws up and by no fault of the employee, they get screwed. Sound familiar? (These guys did not know they were being promoted to 'exempt' positions at the time of their promotion.) Anyway...here is one of the work groups. I spend a lot of time in this conference room. Oh, by the way, this is the best picture out the group we took. We were supposed to look like we were in a meeting, but all of the guys except for me and John (Our Pittsburgh QI guy) looked at the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Proof"? Isn't that really the measure of alcohol content in your drink?
Looks just like the old days.
Parsons