Monday, August 20, 2007

Day at MY office...

So, our group meeting was cancelled at 1:00 and since I have a TON of computer work to do I stayed at the Ritz instead of going to the office. That sounds like a great idea at the time, but I have been on my computer since 7:00am and I just looked up and it 10:30. However, I do think I am getting a lot of work done.

Anyway, I have never been here when the cleaners were cleaning. I have always (6 weeks worth) either not been in my room or had the privacy sign up. Plus sometimes I get home and the turn down service has already happened, so I didn't even get to see the room since it was cleaned. Sorry, I digress....

This was something to watch. These 2 guys, only one of which could speak decent English put on a heck of a show. Unlike a cart that you see so much of in the US, these guys each carry a big basket and pull the vacuum behind them. They asked if it was OK for them to clean around me and told me numerous times not to move, but I had to get out of their way...it was too cool.
They were in the bathroom about 8-10 minutes. They pick up everything on the counter, wipe off the bottles (like of my shaving cream and deodorant), the mirrors, clean the shower and the toilet. They place all of my counter items in a row, they replace caps, etc. Then they hand clean the floor. Afterwards, they come out to the bedroom. The choreography of making the bed was something to behold. These guys could be in the Marine Silent Drill Team. They did the entire room and said about 6 words to each other. They actually pull the bed out from the wall, unfold the sheet on it and then bunch it up again. Then the one guy lift the sheet and spreads it out, as it comes down they grab it and you hear lots of pulling, tucking, etc. In about 15 seconds the sheet is on the bed fitted with hospital corners. Then the duvet (i don't know about spelling) is stripped and without dropping it totally on the ground, they put the new one on it with a very interesting 'snake' type motion. The cover is put into place, ends are lined up and tucked. This entire process maybe takes 2 minutes. Very impressive. Oh, and that includes 4 pillow changes as well.

Then one guy goes outside, dusts and sweeps the entire deck. He then cleans the outside of the windows (are you kidding me?) and uses a spray bottle of water to clean the chairs AND floor OUTSIDE by hand! The other guy basically lifts EVERYTHING up and cleans inside. When one is done outside they both just do everything to work together and get it done. They picked up all my books, computer, papers, etc. and cleaned then put them back in exactly the same place. They cleaned lamps, pictures on the wall and on my desk, phones, trashcans (yes they wipe the inside and outside of them...very few trash bags at the Ritz) nightstands, tables, etc. Everything you can think of. They even moved the TV, cleaned it and cleaned under it. This was followed by a quick vacuum and they were gone. Keep in mind these guys did it in a very professional, showmanship type way. I don't think they were trying to, but it sure looked good. I think they just work really well together like a good EMT/Medic team. They did all of this in less than 20 minutes. VERY impressive.

Just thought you would like to know. Later! Gotta get back to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay.. We would like a video of the cleaning team. I want to see this bed making...... I look forward to reading your blog! Keep up the great job on everything!